Assistant General Manager
Heartland Automotive Services is the largest Jiffy Lube franchisee spanning the nation with 540+ stores. Jiffy Lube, a Shell Oil company, is an established and respected brand. At Heartland, our mantra is a “Promise to Care” for our guest and for our employees.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for ensuring that all Teammates are technically proficient and all certification standards are up to date. These are our resident experts who ensure quality workmanship to get our guests back on the road. Whether you come to us with automotive experience or you’ve developed your skills through Jiffy Lube Universitysm, our award-winning training program, we offer opportunities for advancement.
Full-Time Perks: Continuous Education, Free Quarterly Oil Changes, Mobile/Internet Discounts, Vacation, M/D/V/401k
Assistant General Manager Responsibilities
In addition to being in charge of the store in the absence of the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager sets an example as a leader, focusing on the career development of teammates, and provides consistent guidance and direction. Other Assistant General Manager duties include:
- Face-to-face interaction with guests, including resolving issues
- Take the initiative to increase sales, improve store profitability and reduce controllable expenses
- As part of the store leadership team, lead team huddles and store meetings
- Manage store inventory and product ordering and receiving
- Mentor all store-level Teammates
- Ensure the building, equipment and grounds are well maintained
Assistant General Manager Qualifications
The Assistant General Manager should have a positive, helpful attitude and a professional appearance and behavior at all times. This person should also have a sound business aptitude. The Assistant General Manager must also:
- Have 1-2 years of retail management experience; Automotive experience is a plus
- Must have experience with and driven results for a profit and loss center
- Must be able to motivate and inspire Teammates
- Communicate effectively with our guests and at all levels within the organization
The selected hire must be able to stand for long period of time. Expect to work in an environment in which you may frequently experience hot and cold temperatures, loud noises and exhaust fumes. Other physical qualifications for a Assistant General Manager include:
- Must be able to operate equipment such as overhead and floor mounted oil and grease guns, transmission machine, air conditioner service machine, radiator service machine, hand tools and basic office equipment
- Must be able to lift and move work-related items up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp and hold tools and other items with hands
- Have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive vehicles
Heartland Automotive is an equal opportunity and veteran friendly employer.